Moisture Control Services (MCS) has a proven track record to solve your mould problem so it does not return. If MCS cannot detect the source(s) of your mould problem we do not charge for the inspection. When it comes to mould (mold) MCS has the expertise to perform professional mould inspection/assessment, restoration/remediation to your apartment, unit, home, house, property, building to your total satisfaction. Call MCS to discuss your mould issue so we can determine the best option to meet your needs.
Typical Mould process
- Inspection to determine cause, scope of work and quote
- Perform remediation as per scope of works
- Obtain clearance report
Health effects of mould exposure
Mould can access your body through contact via skin/eyes, ingestion and inhalation. Exposure to elevated levels of airborne spores and hyphal fragments can result in a variety of adverse health effects like:-
- Eye irritation
- Runny nose
- Breathing difficulty
- Shortness of breath
- Discomfort / depression
- Inability to concentrate
What to do if you have just detected mould?
If you have just discovered mould you should:
- Ensure not to move any item with visible mould or items nearby.
- Try to isolate this area e.g. keep door closed, keep people away, particular children, people with asthma or respiratory issues and elderly.
- If this area has an air conditioning duct, place/tape cardboard over the vent/intake to minimize air movement and spreading of mould via air conditioner. If air conditioner is a split unit - turn it off.
- Call a qualified mould remediator for professional advice.